Your privacy is critically important to us.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our services, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services you have requested.
Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1’s website collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our website’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use the website. From time to time, our website may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by printing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website may choose to interact with our website in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, visitors who fill out a form are asked to provide a name, contact information and an email address. We collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with us.
Matagorda-CRD.org does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
The Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, our website may monitor the most popular pages on the the website or use a spam screening service to help identify spam. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, our website does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that
(i) need to know that information in order to process it on Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website’s behalf or to provide services available at our website, and
(ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website, third parties or the public at large.
If you become a registered user of a Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website and have supplied your email address, we may send you emails to tell you about new events or activities or solicit your feedback. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you have visited the other website.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you a better user experience, to safeguard our services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our services, and to personalize your experience.
You have several choices when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information You Provide.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving messages from us. Follow the instructions in those messages.
- Set your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1 website, with the drawback that certain features of the website may not function properly.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- access to your personal data;
- correction or deletion of your personal data;
- to our use and processing of your personal data;
- that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- portability of your personal data.
You may contact us to make a request regarding these rights.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Matagorda County Conservation and Reclamation District No. 1
1514 7th St,
Bay City, TX 77414
updated November 20, 2020